DOCUMENTS ISSUED FROM PAKISTAN
- The Embassy will only attest a document if it bears the prior attestation of the Consular Section, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad or of its Camp Offices in Karachi/Quetta/Lahore/Peshawar. The Embassy may refer any document to the authorities in Pakistan for verification prior to its attestation.
- Photocopy or English translation of a document will only be attested on presentation of the original document.
- Documents once attested will remain valid forever and hence will not be re-attested.
- Attestation of Marital Status related Documents: The Embassy will attest the marital status related documents after obtaining verification from concerned authorities in Pakistan.
- For attestation of any Power of Attorney, the executant(s) has to be present in person to sign the Power of Attorney.
- Academic Documents from Pakistan: Original academic documents to be attested first from Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (for BA and above), and from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (for F.A. and below), then by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad, or from its respective Camp Offices in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Quetta.
DOCUMENTS ISSUED FROM BULGARIA
The Embassy will only attest a document issued by Bulgarian authorities if it bears the prior attestation of the concerned Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria. The Embassy may refer any document to the authorities for verification prior to its attestation.
The applicant or a person with authority letter, should be in possession of his/her valid photo-identity document.
The identity documents i.e. passport, identity card and domicile certificate and land registries in original or copies of these documents are not attested.
Detailed guidelines on attestation of documents from Pakistan may be accessed on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website: www.mofa.gov.pk under the ‘Attestation’ icon.