DOCUMENTS ISSUED FROM PAKISTAN
- ➢ The Embassy will only attest a document if it bears the prior attestation of either the Consular Wing at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad or of one of its Camp Offices in Karachi/Quetta/Lahore/Peshawar. The Embassy may refer any document to the authorities in Pakistan for due corroboration.
- ➢ Photocopy or English translation of a document will only be attested upon presentation of the original version.
- ➢ Documents once attested will remain valid and, hence, will not be eligible to be re-attested.
- ➢ The Embassy will countersign the marital status documents after obtaining the mandatory verification of the attested papers from the relevant authorities in Pakistan.
- ➢ For attesting any Power of Attorney, the executant(s) has to be present in person in order to sign the Power of Attorney.
- ➢ Original academic document(s) are to be attested initially from the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (for B.A. grade and above), and from the Inter Board Committee of Chairman (for FA. grade and below); followed by either the Consular Wing at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad or of one of its Camp Offices in Karachi/Quetta/Lahore/Peshawar.
- ➢ Valid copy of the Family Registration Certificate (FRC).
DOCUMENTS ISSUED FROM BULGARIA
- ➢ The Embassy will only attest a document accorded by the Bulgarian authorities. A document bearing the signature & seal of the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs or any pertinent authorities will be referred for due verification, prior to its counter attestation.
- ➢ The applicant or an individual/proxy having been accorded an authorization letter should be in possession of a valid photo-identity document.
- ➢ The documents elaborating identification or land acquisition i.e. passport, identity card, domicile certificate and land registry in the original version are not attested thereof.
- ➢ Corporate documents to be reviewed will be accompanied by the mandatory paper work inclusive of: an introduction on the official letterhead of the beneficiary firm based in Pakistan; Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) certification; and, membership of the Pakistani Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- ➢ Detailed attestation guidelines may be accessed on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website: www.mofa.gov.pk under the ‘Attestation’ icon.